What will 2020-2021 look like?Reopening Plan PDF
The 2019-2020 school year ended differently from what we all expected and many of us are looking forward to the new school year, wondering what it will be like.
San Diego Academy's 2020-2021 school year begins on August 24. We are working hard to resume in-person classes as soon as possible but due to the health order from California and San Diego County, classes will be online for now.
The State of California and San Diego County are still working out the details, and we will be sure to update all our families as soon as we have more information. Most importantly, your child’s safety will be the top priority in all we do.
Here are some things you can expect when we reopen:
- All students and faculty will have their temperature taken before entering campus
- Students and faculty with any symptoms will have to stay home
- Visitors and parents will have limited access to campus - this includes at morning dropoff
- All students and faculty will wear masks - make sure you find something comfortable for your child over the summer!
- Students will observe social distancing inside and outside the classroom
- Students will be washing their hands (or using hand sanitizer) a lot—before and after using the bathroom, computers, leaving the classroom, etc.
- Signs will be posted throughout campus reminding students of safety protocols
- Extensive cleaning and disinfecting will be done on a daily basis for low use areas and multiple times during the day for high touch areas such as door knobs and hand railings
- Teachers will adjust schedules to minimize contact with other grades
It’s exciting to plan for our students coming back to campus, and we will keep you updated as things continue to evolve.