We have resumed in-person only instruction and this will continue for the remainder of the school year unless we are required to quarantine.
2021-2022 updated Covid guidelines from SECC and CAHD:
SICK - stay home until all three resolved:
1. No fever for 24 hrs w/o fever reducing meds
2. Other symptoms improve and
3. Negative test or doctor’s note stating symptoms are from another condition or 10 days quarantine.
COVID POSITIVE - stay home until all 3 resolved:
1. 10 day quarantine from the date of positive test
2. No fever for 24 hrs w/o fever reducing meds
3. Other symptoms have improved
CLOSE CONTACT w/ masked positive student
1. If vaccinated - NO Quarantine
2. If not vaccinated - Modified Quarantine; may attend school, must be asymptomatic, stay masked, test twice weekly for 10 days, no extracurricular activities/sports
UNVACCINATED AND HAVE CLOSE CONTACT w/ unmasked positive student
1. Quarantine for 10 days from last exposure.
2. OR 7 Day Quarantine w/ negative test result after Day 5.
HOUSEHOLD EXPOSURE TO COVID-19
1. 10 Day Quarantine begins once the positive family member is isolated OR 7 Day Quarantine w/ negative test result after Day 5.
2. If a positive family member does not quarantine, the student’s quarantine period begins after the positive individual’s quarantine period ends (minimum of 17 days quarantine total).
OVERNIGHT SCHOOL TRIPS
1. Currently allowed but subject to change; travel insurance advised.
2. International travel is not advised.
3. Parents agree to cover all costs associated with required quarantine during a trip if a student must quarantine/isolate. Parents must also fly/drive to the location to supervise their student.
School should provide alternate assignments (when applicable) for families unable/unwilling to agree to guidelines.
Here are our Covid prevention and wellness protocols in place:
When Would We Move to Full Quarantine With Distance Learning?
For Elementary TK-8:
1. If there are 3 positive cases in a classroom in a 10 day period, then the classroom will move to Zoom distance learning for 7-10 days (option to test on day 5 and can return day 7 if negative).
2. If there are 5 unrelated cases throughout grades TK-8 in a 10 day period, then all classrooms will move to Zoom distance learning for 7-10 days (option to test on day 5 and can return day 7 if test is negative).
For High School:
If there are 5 unrelated positive cases throughout high school in a 10 day period, then all of the classrooms will move to Zoom distance learning for 7-10 days (option to test on day 5 and then return day 7 if negative).
This is a safety measure for students on campus, voted by our Admin Committee, composed of a handful of teacher representatives and the principal. We are placing proactive measures in place with the purpose to prevent further spread of COVID-19 on campus.
It’s exciting for our students to be back on campus full time and we will keep you updated as things continue to evolve.